Botox Treatment is popular because it is a non surgical cosmetic procedure that doesn’t need any incision. It is basically Botulinum Toxin that is purified and weakened for cosmetic procedures. The treatment helps in proficient reduction of wrinkles, scars, grimace lines, crow’s feet and so on When injected, the toxin paralyzes the nerves and freezes certain muscles that forestall wrinkle contraction. This results in a younger and more relaxed facial appearance.
Owing to the high popularity of such a treatment, most of the important facts about it are out in the open. There are, however, certain interesting facts that are stowed away from domain. Some of these facts have been listed below:
• Approved by National Health Service: This treatment uses the only medication of its sort, known as Botulinum toxin Type A, that is approved by the National Health Service. It’s the same medication that is used to treat botulism. Initially approved in the year 1989 by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it was approved for treating eye disorders. A lot later, in the year 2002, the medication was prescribed to treat severe wrinkles between the eyebrows.
• Not a surgical procedure: Unlike other cosmetic calf reduction botox procedures that require incision and months of healing, this particular treatment is performed using exceptionally fine needles. The medication is injected in a small amount on facial muscles. The treatment is done in less than 60 minutes, the effects lasts as long as 6 months and there is no healing time required.
• Used for several other medical conditions: A ton of emphasis is on the use of this wonder medication to treat wrinkles and glare lines, but in reality, Botox is used for several other medical conditions such as:
1. Treatment of outrageous underarm sweating.
2. Treatment of ocular disorders.
3. Treatment of neurological disorders.
4. Treatment of migraine headaches, bladder problems and arthritis.
5. And many more.
• Used to treat facial scars effectively: Researchers have found that this treatment also helps in improving acne and facial scarring. It is best when used in conjunction with N-Lite laser treatment to enhance the results.
These are some of the interesting facts about Botox treatment. The procedure is indeed one of the most inexpensive treatments to dispose of wrinkles and facial sagging in an effective way. It is important that the procedure should be performed by a licensed practitioner in order to stay away from any potential harm caused due to lack of skills or inexperience of the surgeon.